WELCOME...

Thank you for checking out my blog. To submit comments, click on "COMMENTS" at the end of each post. To email a post to a friend, click the white envelope also at the end of each post. Contact Me

TO ADD YOUR BLOG HERE - Click the "Follow This Blog" on the right.

TO SUBSCRIBE - Click a subscription option on the right.

TO READ PAST POSTINGS - Scroll down to my "Blog Archives" on the right or enter a search word or phrase in the search box above.


November 3, 2008

REAL RELIGIOUS PRINCIPALS DON'T SUPPORT DISCRIMINATION

A few days ago, I received a comment from one of my blog readers. His screen name is "Reuven" and he was responding to my posting about the mafia-like tactics of the Yes On 8 campaign.

Reuven's comment simply said, "True Christians know one thing: Jesus Says No On 8." The banner on the left is from the website he provided this link for. Of course, I had to check this out and when I did I found a brief but heartfelt account of how he came to his own, personal decision to oppose California's Proposition 8. It's worth taking a minute or two to read. Just click on the "Jesus Says No On 8" link above.

Also at that site were two persuasive video's I include below. The first is a segment from a sermon delivered by Rector Ed Bacon of the All Saints Church in Pasadena.


In an earlier sermon, Rector Bacon announced the church's decision to open marriage ceremonies to all people regardless of their sexual orientation. If you would like to watch this video, go to: California Marriage Equality

The second video below is a short (1:21) compilation of comments from 10 California Clergy about why they oppose Proposition 8.


Of course the arguments made by all of the clergy above would hold just as true for Proposition 102 here in Arizona and Proposition 2 in Florida.

SIDENOTE... Just so you know, I volunteered to be a poll worker for tomorrow's election. We have the site set-up this evening and then I have to be back there at 5:30 in the morning. If the voting predictions of an 80-85% turnout are accurate (and judging from the extraordinarily heavy early voting turnout, they are), I probably won't get home til 9, 10 or even 11 tomorrow night. So, of course, I won't have a regular posting tomorrow.

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO GO OUT AND
VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

0 comments: