WELCOME...

Thank you for checking out my blog. To submit comments, click on "COMMENTS" at the end of each post. To email a post to a friend, click the white envelope also at the end of each post. Contact Me

TO ADD YOUR BLOG HERE - Click the "Follow This Blog" on the right.

TO SUBSCRIBE - Click a subscription option on the right.

TO READ PAST POSTINGS - Scroll down to my "Blog Archives" on the right or enter a search word or phrase in the search box above.


October 17, 2008

PALIN OHIO RALLY DRAWS RACISTS INTO THE OPEN

In the article I posted on Monday I reported on the highly inflammable, semi-veiled racist and "terrorist's friend" remarks about Barack Obama that Sarah Palin keeps repeating over and over again at every rally she appears at.

I, most of the rest of the media and homeland security secretary Michael Chertoff believe that this tactic could prove to be extraordinarily dangerous not only for Obama but for the rest of the country as well. At a time when we should all be trying to work together to solve the very serious problems we face, this could erupt into an incident that would tear us apart.

The following video is posted on YouTube and it's a stark example of the effects that this kind of rhetoric is already having on some of the people in small-town Middle America. It was made in Ohio.


I lived in Ohio for ten years and I know that a majority of the people there are hard working, fair-minded and not bigoted. There is, however, a sizable portion of the population that, on the surface, seem to be loving, caring people - which they are...for their "own kind".

The most shocking incident that happened to me personally was when a friend of mine died and I was helping his mother go through his things. Her outward appearance and demeanor was that of everyone's beloved little ole' grandmother but when a news story came on TV featuring a black man, she blurted out, with considerable vehemence, "...that goddamn nigger shouldn't be on television! They should all go back to Africa where they belong!" Needless to say, I was stunned. I told her that I didn't agree with her and I found what she said offensive. She immediately stopped talking and never said anything like that again.

Unfortunately, that was only one of many like incidences that happened to me while I was there. But that kind of racism was always kept just below the surface and only manifested when they thought it was safe to do so.

As you saw in the video, the McCain/Palin campaign has drawn that ignorance and bigotry right into the open - with a vengeance.

I hope the Secret Service quadruples its coverage of Barack!

0 comments: