WELCOME...

Thank you for checking out my blog. To submit comments, click on "COMMENTS" at the end of each post. To email a post to a friend, click the white envelope also at the end of each post. Contact Me

TO ADD YOUR BLOG HERE - Click the "Follow This Blog" on the right.

TO SUBSCRIBE - Click a subscription option on the right.

TO READ PAST POSTINGS - Scroll down to my "Blog Archives" on the right or enter a search word or phrase in the search box above.


September 22, 2008

DAMAGING LETTER DETAILS PALINS INFAMOUS RISE TO POWER

Anne Kilkenny is a long-time resident of Wasilla, Alaska where Sarah Palin began her political career. She has known Palin personally for the last 16 years and has, herself, been actively involved in the Wasilla community.

Right after Palin was announced as McCain's pick for Vice President, Anne was inundated by the world and local media. They all wanted to know what she knew about the totally obscure Sarah Palin. It got so intrusive that she decided to write-out a statement covering everything she knew about Sarah Palin.

On September 1st, she decided to post what she had written as a comment to an article about Palin in the Washington Independent.

At the end of the extensive posting, she said:

WHY AM I WRITING THIS?

First, I have long believed in the importance of being an informed
voter. I am a voter registrar. For 10 years I put on student voting
programs in the schools. If you google my name (Anne Kilkenny +
Alaska), you will find references to my participation in local
government, education, and PTA/parent organizations.

Secondly, I've always operated in the belief that "Bad things happen when good people stay silent". Few people know as much as I do because few have gone to as many City Council meetings.

Third, I am just a housewife. I don't have a job she can bump me out of. I don't belong to any organization that she can hurt. But, I am no fool; she is immensely popular here, and it is likely that this will cost me somehow in the future: that’s life.

Fourth, she has hated me since back in 1996, when I was one of the 100 or so people who rallied to support the City Librarian against Sarah's attempt at censorship.

Fifth, I looked around and realized that everybody else was afraid to say anything because they were somehow vulnerable.


Since it's posting, her comments have been picked up in bits and pieces in publications all over the world. Most of what she said has been verified and/or is still under investigation not only by the media but also by regulatory and judicial bodies in Alaska.

Her posting is too long to include here but I urge everyone who has an interest in knowing just what kind of person may become the second most powerful human being on the planet (and considering McCain's age, very possibly the single most powerful) to click on the link below and read Kilkenny's entire letter.

To read her story, go to: http://washingtonindependent.com/3671/the-reform-candidate

NOTE: When the page opens, it'll be at the top of the Independent's story, which I also recommend that you read. Anne's letter is 9 postings down under "Scared Womens Rights 5 days ago"

0 comments: